Today was the day i went in to pick up my cheque for the competition brief.
It was a bit exciting to say the least since i had no idea what was going to be said about my design.
Upon my arrival the staff were waiting for me with an A3 copy of my design with the cheque and took a picture of me. After having a chat about the competition they told me they were in talks of selling my design along side the winners. I was a bit overwhelmed since i thought my design wouldn’t be used.
They all told me that they would’ve preferred my design to win, however they want to see if they can sell it in their shop and others. I was happy to hear the news that my work would be shown in the shops and that they were pleased with my design overall.
After a few weeks of waiting, i had received an email this morning notifying me that i had been picked as runner up for the competition! although my friends who had seen the design previously and gave me a lot of support and said i had a strong chance, i didnt believe i did!
I was unhappy to see that i didnt win the full prize, however i was really happy to see that my design had been recognised and i had the runner up prize of £250 to show for it!
With the deadline approaching, i wanted to make sure that everything was perfect to the requirements they had asked for. I applied my design to a notebook template i found to see if it looked smart enough and it did. Once i had finished the rationale explaining my concept it was ready to send and all that was left was to do wait and hear back on how i did in the competition.
As i mentioned in an earlier post, i was now ready to start applying the illustration i had made to my background. At first it took a bit of resizing and moving around before i was happy with the final position.
With the illustration in place, i played around with adding the same design on again but making it look like a shadow on the background. This outcome worked well and i decided to keep it in the design. Later i then noticed how plain the top looked and decided to add in some music notes to the background but make them faded with a low opacity so that were wouldn’t be too distracting with the main illustration.
After much sketching and planning out illustrations for the competition, i finally came up with a suitable illustration i wanted to use in my final design.
I didn’t want my illustration to be too overwhelming so i tried to keep it simple and only add in colours to certain areas and keep it neutral to students. So i only added colours to the hair, the headphones, and then clothing and kept the rest as a plain silhouette.
The next part of the development was to begin applying this to my background design and plan out placement and size.